Posts for tag: family physician
A Family physician helps prevent diseases and maintain health against chronic and acute illnesses. Your San Antonio doctor is your best friend when it comes to comprehensive care.
Family Physician Preventative Care
Visiting your San Antonio family physician is important for preventative care.
- Well-child care exams
- Skin biopsies
- STD testing
- Annual physicals for students and athletes
- Adult preventative visits including pap exams
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
Family physicians use a holistic method to treat patients. They monitor you and your family's health and can deal with chronic and acute diseases.
A chronic disease lasts at least three months or more. People may suffer from chronic disease like hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, asthma, COPD, thyroid disorders, gout, just to name a few.
Some other examples of common chronic diseases include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis doesn't just happen as we age.
- Obesity: Lack of exercise and unhealthy eating habits, obesity is on the rise. People suffering from obesity face issues like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack, diabetes, and stroke.
- Cancer: Common cancers include, breast cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer and melanoma.
An acute disease typically go away in 3-10 days. Diseases include, coughs, colds, and flu, headaches and migraines, allergies, earaches and ear infections, sinusitis and other respiratory infections, diarrhea and vomiting, constipation and indigestion, eye injuries and eye infections, rashes and other skin conditions, stomach flu, strep throat, infectious mononucleosis, viral and bacterial infections, urinary tract infections, ingrown toenails, sports injuries, strains and sprains, minor fractures, minor burns, and lacerations.
People suffering from an acute illness exhibit symptoms such as:
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Body aches
- Sore throat
Looking for a family care physician? Call Texan Family Clinic in San Antonio, TX, at (210) 562-3125 to schedule an appointment!